ServoBerry V 1.0 is an extension board for Raspberry Pi derived from the shield Adafruit 16-Channel Servo Driver, and it is an Open Hardware Design. It has two functionalities: a PWM led/motor driver IC and an ADC.
The PWM is the PCA9685 an I2C-bus controlled 16-channel LED controller. Each LED output has its own 12-bit resolution (4096 steps) fixed frequency individual PWM controller that operates at a programmable frequency from a typical of 24 Hz to 1526 Hz with a duty cycle that is adjustable from 0% to 100% to allow the LED to be set to a specific brightness value. All outputs are set to the same PWM frequency. The LED output driver is programmed to be either open-drain with a 25 mA current sink capability at 5 V or totem pole with a 25 mA sink, 10 mA source capability at 5 V. The MCP3008 device is successive approximation 10-bit Analog-to-Digital (A/D) converters with on-board sample andhold circuitry. The MCP3008 is programmable to provide four pseudo-differential input pairs or eight single-ended inputs. Communication with the devices is accomplished using a simple serial interface compatible with the SPI protocol. The devices are capable of conversion rates of up to 200 ksps.
You can see a couple of PWM motors connected to ServoBerry board.
It is possible to preorder this board for only 25€.
ServoBerry with CodeSys
It is possible to use servoberry board with codesys application for raspebrry.
- SPI enabled
- Comment the following line in config.txt:
- Install CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL for more details go to: http://store.codesys.com/codesys-control-for-raspberry-pi-sl.html.
It is possible to use the free version that work for 2 hours.
- Install CODESYS Development System V3.5 SP7 Patch 5 for more details go to: https://www.codesys.com/products/codesys-engineering/development-system.html
- Open in CODESYS Development System V3.5 the project Servoberry.project.
- if the device is in the same network with your programming PC. Select it and run “log in” from the menu “Online”. Then start the application with F5.
- Start an internet browser (possibly also on your smartphone) and connect to <Network Address raspberry>:8080/webvisu.htm
Download Wheezy raspbian Prerequist:
1. SPI enabled
2. wiringPi installed
Comment the following line:
in the /boot/config.txt file to enable the SPI0.0 dev used to communicate with servo PWM driver.