LoraBerry V 1.0 is an extension board for Raspberry Pi. It is an Open Hardware Design. It has two functionalities: a RFM module and an on board Real Time clock powered by a 12 mm battery.
The RF Module is based on SX127x a SPI controlled single chip wireless ISM transceivers. The SX127x transceivers feature the LoRa long range modem that provides ultra-long range spread spectrum communication and high interference immunity whilst minimising current consumption.
The SX127x features:
- LoRaTM Modem
- 168 dB maximum link budget
- +20 dBm – 100 mW constant RF output vs. V supply
- +14 dBm high efficiency PA
- Programmable bit rate up to 300 kbps
- High sensitivity: down to -148 dBm
- Bullet-proof front end: IIP3 = -11 dBm
- Excellent blocking immunity
- Low RX current of 9.9 mA, 200 nA register retention
- Fully integrated synthesizer with a resolution of 61 Hz
- FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRaTMand OOK modulation
- Built-in bit synchronizer for clock recovery
- Preamble detection
- 127 dB Dynamic Range RSSI
- Automatic RF Sense and CAD with ultra-fast AFC
- Packet engine up to 256 bytes with CRC
- Built-in temperature sensor and low battery indicator
The real time clock is based on DS3231 with internal oscillator I2C controller. It is full compatible with linux too. The spiral antenna is present, but not welded to reduce the dimensions and cost of shipping. It is possible to connnect an external antenna on X1 RF connector in order to increase the radio coverage.
LoraBerry PI 1.0 is composed by two blocks: a RF Module, and a Real Time Clock.
Download Wheezy raspbian Prerequist:
1. SPI enabled
2. wiringPi installed
The SX127x porting for Raspberry Pi derives from RadioHead RF22B library for Arduino.